- Question #23: How the F*ck Do We Move a Red Pixel Down Over Another Colour?
We’ve been talking about “pixels” in terms of little squares that can emit light. I’d like to point out that […]
- Question #22: How the F*ck do we Move a Red Pixel?
In the last post, we took a very high level peek at what might happen in a code value to […]
- Question #21: How the F*ck do we Put a Red Pixel on the Screen?
If you’ve been following this series of questions, you are probably genuinely wondering why the hell we have taken an […]
- Question #20: What the F*ck is a Quantity of Light?
We’ve been talking about radiometric light units here, specifically regarding the final output from a display. In an effort to […]
- Question #19: What the F*ck is a “Gamut”?
Phew. It’s been a long time coming, but the time we have invested is starting to pay off! We can […]
- Question #18: What the F*ck is the Missing Axis in a Chromaticity Diagram?
We’ve touched on the importance of the CIE’s chromaticity model, and its relationship to visible light spectra as the single […]
- Question #17: What the F*ck is a Colour Space?
Sixteen questions! It has taken us sixteen questions to even begin to describe the term “Colour Space” with any degree […]
- Question #16: What the F*ck is the Triangle Thingy in the Chromaticity Diagram?
Recall back to Question #13 where we explored how chromaticities are discussed. You may have wondered where that triangle went, […]
- Question #15: What the F*ck is “Perceptually Uniform”?
We have laid some tremendously important groundwork in the most recent questions. Within that, even if you have seen or […]
- Question #14: What the F*ck is “White”?
Phew. It’s been quite a few questions to be able to finally, just about, almost, kinda, sorta discuss what is […]
- Question #13: What the F*ck is a Chromaticity?
Another big word for someone who likely only wants to focus on painting on their iPad Pro. The bad news […]
- Question #12: How the F*ck Can We Talk About Light “Intensity”?
Brighter? Lighter? More light? Less light? Where the hell does physics and energy fit into all of this? Arrgh. If […]
- Question #11: How the F*ck Can We Talk About “Colour”?
Given we’ve hit a milestone in that we are approaching the teens in our question count, the time has come […]
- Question #10: Why the F*ck Do We Bother With Linear and Nonlinear Encodings At All?
Hard to believe we’ve hit Question #10. Hopefully you are all finding the series useful. Nothing is more valuable than […]
- Question #9: Why the F*ck is Linear Light Important for a Digital Artist?
In our last question, we took a quick dive into discussing what a particular type of linear, display linear, is […]
- Question #8: What the F*ck Type of “Linear” Have We Been Assuming?
I’m going to spoil our trend of not answering questions with an actual answer, that is somewhat not-too-secretly buried it […]
- Question #7: What the F*ck Does “Linear” Mean?
This is perhaps one of the most ugly questions we are going to tackle, and I’ll warn you up front, […]
- Question #6: What the F*ck is a Transfer Function?
Whoa. There’s a term that you probably haven’t bumped into before, eh? You’ve been pushing pixels for how long, and […]
- Question #5: What the F*ck does 0.5 mean?
Continuing along the analogy of mixing paints, the colours of the paints matter. If we ask two people to pick […]
- Question #4: What the F*ck are the Colours of the Three Lights?
Have you ever taken a random set of paints and started mixing them? If you have, you probably have realized […]
- Question #3: Does the F*cking Colour of the Light Change When We Increase or Decrease the Quantity of Light?
With the first couple of questions out of the way, we have a concrete, albeit simplified, understanding as to what […]
- Question #2: What the F*ck Does 0.6 Mean?
As we learned through our entry question #1, changing the value of an RGB slider changes the intensity of light […]
- Question #1: What the F*ck Happens When We Change an RGB Slider Value?
For reasons that are still somewhat alien and strange to me, I get weekly emails reaching out from digital image […]